2UP Games Limited
At 2UP Games, we make co-op mobile games for a massive audience.
Our mission is to bring the joy of cooperation to hundreds-of-millions of players every day. Our games are great to play with strangers. They’re even better with family and friends.
We’re a remote-first studio, backed by Supercell. You get the adventure of a startup, but with the security of being funded by the biggest names in mobile games. Are you ready for more autonomy, rewards, and opportunity for mastery?
Job Description – Senior UI Artist
As the first UI Artist at 2UP Games, you’ll be responsible for creating an outstanding player experience. You’ll be in charge of how we approach UX, and define our signature UI style.
You revel in the challenge of making gameplay and meta systems connect with players. You unearth players’ desires and ensure we meet them. You create interfaces which combine usability and sensory pleasure. And it’ll look really nice on a mobile screen.
This role suits people with mid to senior-level experience, who wish to grow while having enormous impact in a small-team setting.
- UI Art: Create stunning user interface assets. These will compliment the art style while elegantly communicating information.
- Rapid UX Iteration: Generate a wide range of possible approaches for any player experience. You’ll know when to draw on a Post-It, when to do wireframes, and when to talk it through.
- Collaborate: Team up with designers and programmers to nail promising user flows.
- Learn Co-Op: Dive deep into the new challenge of “co-op experience”. Maximise communication, and minimise waiting for other players.
- Implement: Make the UI work in every aspect ratio, with support from developers for the “tricky stuff”.
- Trailblaze: Shape how we approach UI and UX at 2UP Games.
- Grow: Use your additional skills to make the team and the game a better place. Want to extend into character art, design, programming or product management? We gotcha.
- 3+ years of crafting user interfaces for mobile games
- A portfolio of problem solving
- Excellent visual design skills. You’ll either understand colour theory, typography leading, grids… or just “feel it”.
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Illustrator or… Post-Its 🙂
- Ability to take feedback to improve UX solutions. It’s a truism that everyone has an opinion on UI. Being able to digest it and make the end result better is a big part of the job.
- Comfortable with a broad range of visual styles
- Able to implement and commit most UI changes without help from a developer
- Experience working in a structured Agile environment, such as Agile Scrum or kanban
- Familiarity with Unity’s UI tools
- Conducting user tests, either in person, or remote (Playtest Cloud, etc.)
- You understand the principles of UI animation, e.g. you know the difference between “ease in” and “ease out”, and when to use them
- You have additional art, coding or design skills, and want to grow them
- You know the difference between “Signifiers” and “Affordances” 🙂
About Working Hours
We want the team to be happy and productive for the long haul. We balance a sensible baseline with the occasional need to push hard.
- Baseline of 40 hours per week.
- Some flexibility when you work the hours within a week.
- Occasional surges around milestone releases.
Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your CV, why you’re interested in the job, and a link to your portfolio.
March 31, 2021