Here at Artrix Limited, we’re seeking an experienced Senior UI/UX Designer to join our talented team of designers and artists to work on our next exciting game titles!
Are you a UI/UX Designer with experience, flair and the passion to create the best games possible? Do you want to work with a team of artists, designers and programmers where you lend your skills in contributing to the breadth of a game’s production? Then keep reading, as we want you to join our growing studio and our journey to create outstanding games on mobile and more platforms in the future!
Based in Auckland’s sunny North Shore area, we at Artrix are pledged to our long term plan of becoming a premier games studio in the Southern Hemisphere. We are a growing team of energetic veterans and talented newcomers, working together in an inspired and inspiring independent studio. We have our eyes set on developing memorable worlds and titles, as well as talent to join us on the adventure.
Want to be a part of our ambitious studio? Check out these details:
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with designers, coders and other artists to create appealing, high-quality Game User Interfaces, with a user-centred focus.
- Implement and animate created UI within Unity.
- Create a variety of UI and design elements, ranging from icons to logos and more.
- Take your UI design from initial wire-frames and storyboards to final polished product.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote UI design guidelines and best practises.
What you need:
- 3 years professional UI/UX experience, with at least 1 year within mobile game creation.
- A strong portfolio highlighting your UI/UX design skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in English.
- Keen knowledge of UI design, trends and usability fundamentals, particularly within Freemium game standards.
- Experience with creating wireframes and storyboards.
- Ability to concept and create UI with appealing visual styles, as well present your design to various stakeholders.
- Solid visual design fundamentals: shape, composition, visual hierarchy, colour theory, typography.
- A good grasp of motion graphic animation to give life to your UI.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Unity and other visual design/wire-framing tools.
- Knowledge of game production software and pipeline, as well as game-art optimizations and restrictions.
- Be able to collaborate within a team as well as work independently if needed.
- Ability to solve design problems creatively, as well as rapidly iterate upon feedback.
- Be able to provide task estimates and deliver on time.
Favourable skills to also have:
- You actively play and enjoy video games.
- Mobile game design experience.
- Ability to create animated mock-ups and/or prototypes of your UI.
- Eager to potentially upskill into other areas of game art production.
- Experience with juggling multiple projects.
What we can do for you:
- A competitive salary.
- Wellness days off.
- Gym membership allowance.
- The opportunity to be instrumental in our collective success as a studio.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to Caley.Staveley@artrix.com