Altered Phoenix is an up-and-coming studio equipped with a team of global game development talent who are passionate about making high quality, multiplayer focused games. Operating under a full-remote regime, Altered Phoenix strives to cultivate an exciting and engaging culture with a focus on team growth and finely crafted products.
About the Role
We are seeking to expand our talent pool and welcome a fantastic and passionate Senior Unity Developer into our team who is an excellent team player and understands the value and importance of well-designed architecture.
In your role, you will be working within cross functional teams to create game systems and development tools in an insightful way across a range of titles. You will also be working closely with technical leads to maintain architectural integrity at both the individual systems level as well as at the wider project codebase. Additionally, you will be a source of technical expertise for other developers on the team, providing guidance and assistance with regards to best practices in both Unity and general software development realms.
What you will be doing
- Working together with other developers to create well-designed, high-quality, fit-for-purpose technical systems and solutions across a range of projects and platforms.
- Collaborating alongside other departments and disciplines to bring modular and scalable features to life in interesting and exciting worlds.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance for other developers on the team.
- Working closely with other departments to design, create and maintain toolsets in order to optimise and automate the content creation pipeline.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and optimising systems at both the code and engine level.
- Integrating and maintaining third party frameworks and libraries.
- Assisting with the conceptualisation, elaboration and improvement of development pipelines and processes.
What we are looking for from you
- Deep understanding of C# and extensive experience with the Unity game engine.
- Games industry experience, preferably with shipped projects in a development role.
- Proven knowledge of common game and technical concepts such as networking, AI, persistence, live balancing, etc.
- Strong grasp of solid software engineering principles, design and architecture.
- Understanding of version control and experience with industry-standard source control systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with both internal and external disciplines effectively.
What we can offer you
Altered Phoenix is not only committed to building great products but also to cultivating a work culture and environment which catalyses growth and feels fun, exciting and rewarding. When joining our team, you will find:
- Fully-remote work culture.
- Flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Career development plans and opportunities.
- Opportunity to work on popular and well-known IPs.
- Company gaming sessions and internal gaming culture.
- Region-based company meetups with some great food, drinks and board games.
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- In-house game jams
- Staff referral recruitment bonus
- Ability to contribute to a range of different games and genres.
We would love to hear from you and learn more about you and your journey!
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
December 1, 2022