Here at Synty Studios we power the digital world, supercharging content production with our team of world-class talent.
We work fully remote across New Zealand and Australia, bringing creative ideas to life through award winning digital assets and products for Gaming, Film, TV, Websites and the Metaverse. No matter what our team is doing, we’re infusing as much craft and creativity as we can cram in!
About the role
Join us on an adventure in building and launching an exciting new product for video game developers!
They’ll be plenty of opportunity to contribute to the design and development of new features and functionality.
If you’re someone who is passionate about web development and enjoys working in a dynamic environment, and you’re excited about the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology – this could be the role for you!
What we’re looking for
Technical experience in:
- database management and SQL
- writing and maintaining APIs
- responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- understanding web security best practices
- unit testing and automated testing frameworks
- version control systems, such as Git
- cloud-based services, such as AWS or Azure
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Vue.js and Laravel
- Webpack, Babel, or other build tools
- video game development or related technologies
- mobile development (iOS or Android)
Professional experience in:
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the ability to work with team members remotely
- Problem-solving and proactively debugging
- Working within teams who use Agile development methodologies
- Managing your time effectively
We want you to do your best work, while enjoying it too. So, as well as a flexible and welcoming environment, we offer a range of added perks:
- We all work from home
- A company culture that embraces the ‘quirky’, doesn’t take itself too seriously and thrives off puns
- Weekly Friday afternoon virtual events
- Healthy work-life balance (we don’t do overtime!)
- Competitive pay and Share Option Scheme
- Creativity days once a month to get creative or learn something new
What we look for in candidates
Do you dream of playing video games all day long? Enjoy working in growing SaaS companies? Are you collaborative? Use GIFs as a form of communication? Any one of these traits is a great reason for you to consider applying.
Here at Synty we tend to have a three stage recruitment process. We look for people who add to our existing culture and help us smash our goals – we don’t want to stick to a status quo, so we believe that these steps are important to see if we click. These opportunities are also for you to get to know as many team members as possible, give you a feel for how we work, and a sense of the vibe of Synty.
We know that accepting a job offer is a big decision, and for there to be commitment on both sides, we understand that you need lots of data points to make informed decisions.
First interview – meet the People Team and the Producer of the role. You will get an idea of the team, and get a feel of what the job will be like on a daily basis.
Second interview – this is where it gets a bit deeper- we dive into the grit of what it takes to succeed in the role. We will always try to put you in a room with two other people you will work with the closest, so you get to know them better too.
References – we’re confident about our hiring process, and the decisions made around bringing on new team members are always collaborative. We aim to identify people who can add to our culture, so by this stage we’re feeling pretty good about it all. Don’t be surprised if we’re calling your referees and drafting your offer in parallel to these conversations! Professional or personal referees.
We strive to be transparent on how we operate here at Synty, so you know what’s going on in the background of your recruitment process. We know job hunting is time and energy consuming; so thanks again for your deciding we’re worth the investment.
February 28, 2023