The developers of Wanderer – an award-winning virtual reality time-travel adventure game – are supercharging the studio and are looking for a talented technical artist to join the team in beautiful and vibrant Auckland (NZ) for a minimum 24 month duration (with potential permanent options).
Our ideal candidate has a strong background with Unreal Engine specifically with rendering pipelines, art strategies and optimization. If you love working in a fun and collaborative environment, come join our team and help make our vision for a truly exciting VR game come to life.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Look at performance and profiling data with programmers, then brainstorm and implement content optimizations.
- Strategising solutions for achieving high quality art assets that are performant.
- Setup and run daily profiling scripts/tools, reporting to relevant team members.
- Helping establish and maintain porting pipelines and tools for meta quest/mobileVR.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine and excellent proficiency in C++ and blueprinting
- Understanding of art pipelines for PC, console and mobile.
- Good understanding of rendering pipelines and optimization methods within Unreal Engine.
- Solid understanding of shaders and material expressions.
- Ideally have shipped at least 1 title.
- 2+ years of game industry experience.
- Experience using various profiling tools to optimise performance (previous mobile or VR experience a bonus).
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Perforce, Git.
What we offer
As a small, tight-knit team with passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious owners and team members we are intent on building a studio where you can be yourself and contribute to, not just the game you are working on, but also the overall studio vision.
What you can expect during your time with us:
- Guidance and support for your career with regular check ins and allowance for open and honest feedback and communication.
- Social and team events across a range of activities that members of the team take turns deciding on including game nights, karaoke sessions, dinners, mini golf and other activities.
- We have an ever growing addiction to Magic The Gathering and run Magic Drafts, for those interested, multiple times a year.
- Annual internal gam jam sessions
- Opportunities to attend local conferences and workshops as well as allowance for self-directed learning.
- Flexible hours and WFH opportunities.
- Cakes and morning teas for team birthdays (the lemon cake is a team favourite).
- Great location with easy access to a supermarket, gourmet grocery store and the ever-popular Ponsonby Central a short walk away.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for their next challenge. We’re a passionate group of storytellers, creatives, and developers and we encourage applications of a diverse range – we’re looking at you, women, LGBTQ+ community, Maori, Pasifika, and all typically under-represented groups.
If this sounds like your type of game, company and role we would love to hear from you.
August 31, 2022