As a Technical Artist, you will be solving complex asset and pipeline challenges for the art departments. This will allow the team to work efficiently and in developing world-class titles.
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Help improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Research and help develop new technologies
- Identify and fix pipeline issues
- Analyse and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimise console performance
- Mentor and support the Art team
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and the Art departments
- Assist with solving daily production challenges The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company
Skills and Experience required:
- Be able to understand and follow directions.
- Solve technical issues for the art department.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- High level software knowledge of Maya and Unreal Engine
- In depth profiling knowledge for consoles and PC
- Understanding of procedural asset creation and Houdini is a bonus
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
To apply please email your CV, portfolio & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 31, 2022