RocketWerkz is an ambitious studio based on Auckland’s waterfront with flexible and remote working conditions. Founded by Dean Hall, creator of hit survival game DayZ, we are independently run but have the backing of one of the world’s largest games companies. Our two major games currently out on Steam are Icarus and Stationeers, with other multiple secret projects on the go.
In this role you will:
- You’ll rapidly prototype game systems and gameplay using Unreal Engine 4 (Blueprints and/or C++ depending on which is best for the task).
- Develop core gameplay systems – combat, exploration, inventory, and more
- Polish them, refine them, make them feel good
- Continuously adapt code in response to gameplay feedback
- Work closely with the core programming, game designers, and tools team
- Understand and contribute to the project as a whole
- Use Unreal Engine 4, Jira, and Confluence
- Manage your workload and work hours in consultation with the wider team
We are looking for people passionate about what we do and who want to be part of creating new experiences for our gaming community.
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- At least 3-6 years of industry experience
- Extensive understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints
- Ideally a published game built with Unreal Engine
- Familiar with C++ implementation in Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar) or equivalent industry experience
What to include in your expression of interest:
- Cover Letter – Tell us about yourself, what role, and what excites you about RocketWerkz.
- Portfolio – Show us your talent and the projects you’ve worked on.
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Auckland although we can offer flexible working. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspect of your culture or identity, you have an important role to play in our team. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet some of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please get in touch and apply!