NZGDA Conference 2012
3 April 2012
The New Zealand Game Developers Association Conference is a one-day action-packed conference for professional and indie game developers on Saturday 19 May. The conference pulls no punches, with experienced presenters telling it like it really is.
Featuring some of New Zealand and Australia’s leading game developers from Sidhe/PikPok, Cerebral Fix, Smallworlds, Gameloft, Grinding Gear Games, NinjaKiwi, Runaway Play – plus maybe a few international surprise guests (details coming soon).
New Zealand’s games industry grew 46% or 110 jobs last year and is on a roll. Digital distribution has led to a boom in online and smartphone game development, but are you ready to capitalise on it?
The conference has introductory, expert and extreme talks on a range of game development subjects. The full programme is coming soon, and topics include:
- Creating truly awesome and addictive game designs
- Monetizing your game on the AppStore and Android marketplace
- Latest 3D modelling tools and techniques
- HTML5 and Windows Phone 8 – are they ready for game time?
- Pitching licensing agreements with sponsors and film studios
- How to find customers and players online and on smartphones
- Performance optimisation insider tips
- Interactive storytelling and script writting
Held at the Media Design School in Central Auckland, the conference will run from 10am – 6pm, followed by drinks.
Click here to register. Registration includes lunch and afternoon tea, plus a drinks function on Saturday night. Tickets are only $40 for a full day’s programme, with a discount for secondary school students of $20 (which does not include access to drinks function).