Please join us for the 2021 Annual General Meeting!
You can register for the meeting here.
Meeting Agenda (subject to change):
- Financial Review
- Review progress on strategic goals
- Proposed updates to the NZGDA Constitution
- Updates to membership structure
- Results of the 2021/2022 NZGDA Executive Board Member Election
Updates to the NZGDA Constitution:
The NZGDA Constitution was last updated in 2018 and the board is proposing to make some additional changes this year that will streamline the Executive Board election process and introduce a new membership structure. The membership will be voting on the proposed constitutional changes at the AGM. To make these changes a bit easier to understand, we’ve created some helpful explanatory documents for you:
- The short version: we created a summary document outlines the 3 main areas that were updated in the new constitution, namely:
- The structure of the Executive Board
- The process for electing the Executive Board
- The membership structure
- The long version: the majority of the changes were made were general wording updates and alterations to the way that the constitution is organised. We’ve created this document that details each individual change we made to the 2018 constitution. In addition, you can view the 2018 constitution in its entirety as well as the updated 2021 constitution that the board is seeking to approve at the AGM.
Members of the NZGDA have the right to review these proposed changes and submit questions or comments, or to propose motions at the AGM (Section 30 of the 2018 Constitution).
If you would like to provide comments/suggestions on the changes or ask questions – please use this form.
If you are a member of the NZGDA and would like to propose a motion for the 2021 AGM, you must do so by November 10th at 5:00PM.