Path of Exile: Ascendancy launches
Grinding Gear Games, developer of the award-winning free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile, today announced that their latest expansion, Path of Exile: Ascendancy will be available on March 4th, 2016.
Path of Exile: Ascendancy features the Lord’s Labyrinth, a daily changing maze of deadly traps and challenges designed to test the mettle of even the most experienced PoE player. The Emperor Izaro constructed deadly trials through Wraeclast to find worthy candidates. Players will have a powerful set of new skills and items to conquer the Labyrinth, including the introduction of 19 new Ascendancy character classes, each with its own passive skill tree to master.
Other features of Path of Exile: Ascendancy include:
- Trials of Ascendancy
- Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth
- An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro
- You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes
- There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills
- Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items
- Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
More information about Path of Exile: Ascendancy can be found at www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy
About Path of Exile
Path of Exile is a free-to-play online PC action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Featuring ethical microtransactions, the game is free-to-play, but never pay-to-win. Playing as one of seven character classes (and 19 new Ascendancy character classes), players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. There, they encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent. Path of Exile currently has over 13 million players worldwide in five languages: English, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Thai and Brazilian Portuguese. More languages and countries being added each year. For more information, visit pathofexile.com
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
A dark and deep action RPG
Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
Ascend online ladders in every game mode
Battle in PvP tournaments for worldwide recognition
Steam and Twitch integration
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is an independent game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. It released its flagship title, Path of Exile, in 2013 and is committed to ongoing expansions and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. You can find more information about Grinding Gear Games at www.grindinggear.com