The rapid growth of New Zealand’s video game development industry featured heavily in the news recently.
- TVNZ One News: Gamers Out To Play
- 3 News: Video Game Industry Grew 86% last year
- 7 Sharp: So You Wanna Be a Gamer
- NZ Herald: Growing NZ Video Games Industry Faces Skills Shortage
- Newstalk ZB: Boom in Local Video Games Industry
- Radio NZ: New Figures show Booming Local Games Industry
- Marketing Magazine: Digital Gaming Dollars Get Serious
The story was also reported in National Business Review, Dominion Post, Gameplanet, NZGamer, Computerworld, MCV, IDG and joked about on TV3 comedy show 7 Days.
IGEA’s Digital NZ 2014 research into who the typical NZ gamer is also received widespread coverage: