NZGDA 2018/2019 Board Elections!
August 14, 2018
Are you a community minded game developer who wants to grow New Zealand’s game development sector? Then consider standing for the New Zealand Game Developers Association 2018 Board!
- 6pm, 22 August 2018 – Deadline for candidates to submit their statements
- 22 August 2018 – Candidate statements published on NZGDA.com
- 22 August 2018 – Online ballots emailed to all current NZGDA members
- (Tentatively) 5 September 2018 – Voting closes & Results announced (at the NZGDA AGM)
The New Zealand Game Developers Association was formed in 2001 to champion, support and grow video game development in New Zealand. It is a not-for-profit incorporated society, and the elected Board is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Association.
You can learn more about our role and activities here: https://nzgda.com/about-us/what-is-the-nzgda/
The NZGDA welcomes diverse candidates from across New Zealand in any role or craft who are current members of the Association.
The Board has 9 members who are elected for a one year term.
Chair Board and annual meetings, responsible for annual planning, delegates responsibilities to other Board Members and volunteers, first point of contact for stakeholder or potential member enquiries, spokesperson on industry issues.
Manage the membership database, manage finances including annual reports, record minutes, manage assets and subscriptions.
Carry out and provide guidance on the activities of the Association.
Specific roles and responsibilities are defined by the new Board when they elected each year. In general it is expected that each Board Member is responsible for leading 1-2 annual initiatives.
Being on the NZGDA Board is a fantastic opportunity to bring positive change to our local industry. Although the newly elected Board can form their own priorities, here is what you can expect based on how the 2017/2018 Board operated:
- Attend 1 hour Board Meetings on Google Hangouts every 2 weeks. For the first 1-2 months calls may happen more frequently to establish momentum.
- Be responsible for managing and providing feedback on the Association’s activities, such as diversity initiatives, NZGDC, Kiwi Game Starter, ongoing government relations, outreach initiatives, etc.
- Attend NZGDC
- Be a continual champion for your local community and the NZGDA
How to stand for the Board
Please submit your candidacy by 6pm, 22 August 2018 here: NZGDA 2018/2019 Committee Candidacy
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a current Board Member.